We are seeking an Engineer to join our Enterprise Data Analytics & Architecture (EDAA) organization within Group Operations Business Transformation.
As a Big Data Engineer your main responsibilities will involve
Your Skills and Experience
As a Big Data Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• University level education or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer
• 1+ Experience in functional programming (preferably Scala - big plus)
• 1+ years of experience in Apache Spark (big plus)
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Ability to write complex SQL queries
• A good understanding of distributed computation
• Bash scripting
Nice to have:
• Experience in R programming
• Experience with Hadoop technologies Sqoop, Hive, Flume etc.)
• Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (Azure DevOps)
• Experience in data exploration using notebooks (Databricks notebooks).
• Experience in automation of regular data refreshes) using bash and python scripting.
• Experience with Azure cloud.
• Experience with Databricks.
As well as a competitive salary and a yearly bonus we offer benefits package which includes:
Primary work location is Barcelona (Poblenou). You can apply by clicking on the button “Apply online”
Who we are
Looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? At Zurich millions of individuals and businesses place their trust in our products and services every day. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, enabling, businesses and communities to face a world of risk with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. It’s a big challenge, but you will be supported by a world-class team who believe in helping you to reach your full potential and deliver on our promises.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.