DCT Manager (Decentralized trials)
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Non Project Work (50% - Non Billable time)
1. Pre Award Activity
• Participates in new business development activities working with project team to define the right decentralized solutions to apply to a given project.
• Supports the RFP process by providing the right input on DCT to the proposal.
• Works with internal and external DCT partners to ensure alignment across teams.
• Presents the DCT approaches at client meetings and support with any follow up activity
2. Department Activity
• Play a role in the governance of our vendor partners
• Contribute to the continuous feedback loop to ensure an evolving DCT strategy for Syneos Health
• Play and active role in the review and analysis of departmental level metrics
• Develops and maintains strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders act as a point person for DCT expertise
• Contribute to the sourcing and evaluation of new DCT partners
• Contributes to change initiatives within the DCT department and across the larger organization
Project work (50% - Billable time)
Once a project is awarded you will ensure the implementation of the DCT elements of the study.
Collaborate with functional area leads (SSU, Project Management, Clinical Management, Vendor Management & Decentralized Services internal and partners) to coordinate integration of contracted decentralized assets in support of successful project delivery.
• Provides input to project plans ensuring the inclusion for decentralized solutions in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and/or sponsor-scoped process.
• Ensure decentralized solutions are implemented per contractual commitments
• Ensures all project deliverables meet the internal and customers’ expectations as per contracted deliverables
• Comply with all controlled document requirements and other requirements to ensure quality deliverables.
• Provides ongoing risk management assessment and mitigation strategies aimed at removing roadblocks to successful deployment of contracted DCT assets
• Actively participates in project team meetings (internal and sponsor). Designs presentations and delivers information in a way that allows the audience to understand the information and interact appropriately.
• Collaborate with business leads for therapeutic business units, business development, alliance management, contracts and proposals development, project management, and clinical management to achieve project goals.
• Reviews the project DCT budget with the project PM, finance lead, internal and external vendor leads and the DCT Business Unit Controller against project milestones and budget to ensure project profitability. Takes corrective measures where necessary to keep project in line with budget and gross profit expectations.
Assumes accountability for all DCT deliverables including, but not limited to:
• Remote Study Delivery (eConsent, Data capture wearables and biosensors)
• Home Healthcare
• Direct to Patient Logistics
• Virtual Sites
What we’re looking for
Bachelor’s Degree, Higher Degree Preferred.
• Happy to work creatively to craft tailored solutions
• Ability to work with ambiguity
• Understanding of DCT and technology arena
• Excellent understanding of clinical trial process across Phases II-IV and ICH GCP
• Good understanding clinical protocols and associated study specifications.
• Excellent understanding of clinical trial start-up processes.
• Project management experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Good vendor management skills.
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunities Plan. Its objective is to achieve the principle of equality of opportunity in Syneos Health’s employment practicesensuring that our workforce is truly representative of each gender and that every employee is respected and is able to work under equal conditions
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.