Reporting to Body Product Coordinator, he/she will be involved in carrying out Body and Trims Testing Projects in different fields as mechanical stiffness, environmental aging, mechanical vibration, fastening concepts, durability, material testing, etc.
From this position he/she will be in charge of the execution of the testing projects what he/she will be assigned for and will act as interface between the client and the Organization with the aim to guarantee the achievement of external client's technical requirements.
In particular, he/she will be in charge of the following responsibilities and duties:
a) For the projects which he/she will be in charge for:
- Study of client's test requirements and procedures
- Generation of test check lists
- Generation of the project structure in the tools of the Organization
- Co-ordinate the test set up (build, instrumentation etc), to conduct the tests and ensure timely report out
- Liaise with design function and workshop teams to deliver fit for purpose test rigs
- Plan and conduct the testing activities in accordance with test procedures
- Organization the work of technicians and mechanics under his/her responsibility.
- Control and supervise the resources (facilities, materials) needed to carry out correctly the activities involved in the projects
- Establish and maintain contact with clients permanently during the project in order to know their needs and to foresee future actions while identifying final requirements demanded by the client
- Generation of the test reports
b) For the development of the product which he/she will be involved in:
- Identify business opportunities with the client and communicate them to appropriate areas within the Organization
- Preparation of technical and economic proposals for the clients
- Analyze and continuously update the knowledge of his/her specialization
- Keep updated about all the innovation, findings, news and regulations changes in his/her field of specialization.
- BS in Mechanical or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing the same or equivalent position in the field of body/trims testing
- Ability to understand and implement test procedures and test specifications
- Ability to design test fixtures and test rigs
- Knowledge in the operation of CAD software (Solidworks)
- Knowledge in the operation of pneumatic and electric actuators
- Knowledge in the operation of PLC systems
- Knowledge in the operation of test controllers (MOOG brand)
- Knowledge in the operation of sensors and transducers (force, pressure, displacement)
- Knowledge in the operation of data acquisition systems (HBM brand and CATMAN software)
- Knowledge in the operation of data analysis software (Diadem)
- Ability to team working and team management and communication
- Demonstrated good judgment, root cause and problem solving skills
- Ability to generate understandable and correct test reports
- Ability to hold fluent and fruitful technical communication with the clients
- Availability for travel worldwide
- Fluent in English
- Others (German and/or French) will be an asset.