At Domestika we are looking for a VP of Product.
At Domestika we are hiring a VP, Product to define and drive a Product Strategy that delivers the best experience for all of our users globally.
As the VP, Product, you will bring to life exceptional products for our global community of creative talents and teachers. You will build, grow and lead a high-functioning Product Management team and partner cross-functionally with UX Designers, Software Engineers and Data Analysts to tackle complex challenges and craft intuitive experiences and new functionalities. You will act as an advocate for Product internally, championing a culture of collaboration, constructive feedback, execution and fun: building the best product to empower people who love creativity and craft.
Domestika is one of the largest growing communities within the creative industry. We started as a small but dynamic platform for creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Today, Domestika designs and produces online courses in partnership with the best creative talent in the world, made available to those who want to improve professionally or who simply love learning craft. The community has grown to over 5 million people who share a curiosity and passion for learning creative skills.
The company is based in San Francisco and our team is distributed across over 10 countries. Domestika has the support of one of the most relevant funds in Silicon Valley (USA). Domestika is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
What does a VP of Product do at Domestika?
• Define & develop, in partnership with other business and functional leaders, a strategic product roadmap that will maximize long-term customer value, leading strategy development, product definitions and specification development.
• Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and insights to identify and deliver product requirements and key value propositions. Develop hypotheses for how to delight customers in unique, hard-to-copy, margin-enhancing ways.
• Work in partnership with the Tech team to deliver on all phases of the product life cycle (planning, development, launch, management, exit).
• Develop and communicate a compelling product vision, strategy, opportunities and challenges to cross-functional partners and key stakeholders.
• Continually improve the user experience: work with the UX team to raise the bar for product design quality.
• Build, lead and grow an international, multi-cultural and geographically distributed team, promoting a culture based on respect, inclusivity, and customer focus.
• 15+ years of professional experience and at least 5 years leading Product Management and multi-disciplinary teams in the tech industry.
• Proven track record of setting the vision and delivering against the execution of roadmaps for native apps, web, and other devices for e-commerce or e-learning products.
• Experience hiring, building, leading and engaging cross-functional pods and teams
• Strategic thinker with a proactive, hands-on approach.
• Exceptional communication skills and an ability to lead change through influence.
• Experience building strong relationships with cross-functional Leadership team members. • Constantly advocates for the customer experience.
• Deep understanding of Engineering and Product Development.
• Awareness of trends and their impact on the market.
• Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus.
• Experience working with international teams is an advantage.
• Ability to adapt to fast-moving environments with a bias towards action.
• A leader of people and teams who inspires an inclusive, collaborative and aspirational team.
What do we offer?
• Building one of the fastest-growing companies in the creative industry.
• Flexibility to work remotely at all times.
• Leadership position with a dynamic, collaborative, and multicultural team.
• Access to our catalog with over 2,000 courses taught by the world’s leading creatives and artists.
• Attractive compensation & benefits.