Calypso (master) Project Description
One of our clients from Capital Markets domain is looking for Calypso developer to support various collateral management projects. This includes interactions with various upstream and downstream systems.
- Application designing / development / testing / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
- Interact with functional and technical representatives of project teams in order to understand business functionalities, technical modules, integration mechanism and data sources.
- Prepare test plans and conduct Unit, Integration, Regression, Performance and Functional Testing using automated testing frameworks.
- Contribute to the technical designing phase and document the design with UML diagrams and models. Create prototype for proof of concept and business requirements validations.
- Ensure that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development lifecycle and day to day development work.
- Estimate efforts and schedule for various modules and meet deadlines.
- Technical and Release Documentation
- Deployment of system components - Application, Shell Scripts and Databases.
- Acquire skills in relevant technologies and take up higher responsibilities
- To participate in out-of-hours / daytime support as required
- To ensure that application is of good quality, ensure any issues are fixed on priority.
- To work with teams to help solve complex technical problems
- Work towards initiatives to improve processes and delivery efficiency
- Contribute towards innovation; suggest new technical practices for efficiency improvement.
- Conduct Code reviews
- Contribute towards innovation, suggest new technical practices to be investigated
- Contribute towards initiatives to improve processes and delivery
- Contribute towards recruitment efforts - both for the team as well as for the
- Experience with Calypso's collateral management module
- Experience with Calypso's data uploader module
- Knowledge of XML
- Extensive experience working Calypso customizations preferable in Back Office area.
- Knowledge on Calypso Components: Engines, Event Server, Data Server, Transfers, Messages, BOCre, PL Positions, BO Positions, Reporting Framework, Cache, SDI, Product and Trade API , Cash flows, Pricing.
- Customization experience on Message Handlers, Transfer, Custom service creation, Creation of Custom Engine, Customization of Swift Messages, Customization of Scheduled Tasks and other back Office customization. Experience with Calypso cross-asset platform - Calypso Architecture, Modules and Tools. Skilled in developing and maintaining interface designs for applications.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and proficiency in object-oriented programming
- Knowledge on Collections API.
- Control structures, access modifier, exception handling.
- Thorough understanding of complete Software Development Lifecycle
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and inclination to constantly upgrade on new technologies and frameworks.
- Good communication and co-ordination activities.
Nice to have
- Basic understanding of UNIX servers and commands
- Understanding of back-office processes like SWIFT messages, Settlements, CREs, Accounting etc.
- Understanding of FX products
- Experience of tools like Maven, Jenkins, Gradle