Principal Product Manager, EU Copy Levy
Madrid, Community of Madrid, ES
Category: Management Occupations
Published on 2021-12-22T09:35:27.000000Z
Amazon is looking for a talented product and operations leader to manage & scale the EU Copy Levy product as part of the Vendor Experience and Operations team. This team develops advanced technical products to drive vendor autonomy, and mutual success between vendors and Amazon. The role will own and develop technology involving machine learning and calculation engines to address local EU taxes that are non-VAT. Taxes in scope are complex with different use cases from one EU country to another. Aside from the important regulatory element of the topic, this role also shapes how EU business teams account for selection impacted by these taxes from a P&L perspective.
In this role, you will be the single-threaded leader within the business for the optimization, operation, and expansion of the technology, as well as driving the upstream business and vendor interactions that enable it. You will work cross-functionally with Retail category teams, Technology, Legal, Compliance Operations, Finance, Accounting, and Tax from development through roll-out while ensuring accurate data and incorporation into business management practices. This program is part of a multi-year effort to build a world-class product using the latest available technologies and tools.
Key job responsibilities
1. Define the short, mid, and long-term roadmap operational improvements and technology while balancing partner team needs and Amazon priorities (countries, types of levies, ownership structures, etc..);
2. Partner with cross-functional teams to define and implement requirements;
3. Partner with the relevant Tech Teams to get new features scoped, designed, properly planned and delivered.
4. Ensure levies are appropriately incorporated in the product sourcing decision systems and transparent to Retail teams;
5. Lead the efficient operations in conjunction with partner teams including auditing outputs, ensuring timely and accurate reporting/declaration/payments);
6. Drive quality decision making (negotiations/escalations) through dive-deep/analytical approaches and partnering with senior leadership.
· University degree
· 10+ years of work experience with at least 2 years of experience in working with tech teams and business developing tech products from requirements to delivery
· Understanding of basic accounting, finance, and compliance principles
· Experience analyzing big data and deriving business insights (intermediate Excel, SQL)
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills
· Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with a broad base of levels of functions.
· MBA or similar advanced studies
· Analytically savvy, with problem solving abilities
· Hands-on, with a results-oriented mindset
· Good stakeholder management skills with experience working in and with international cross-functional teams (e.g., tech, business, finance, legal, accounting)