XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
You will be part of an international team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers that is responsible for turning data into services and products for XING's jobs market which is used by Millions of users. We work closely together in an agile setting and focus on improving our existing job recommender and job search and developing new data-driven services that benefit the users of XING's jobs market place. For example, we work on features that help job seekers to better understand who their future colleagues may be, models that help forecasting salaries, etc. We are now seeking an experienced Data Engineer who loves software development, helps with the design and development of scalable components and contributes to search services and recommender systems. We strive for building testable, predictable and simple code.
Your Role as Data Scientist:
- Work in a team with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to contribute to the (technical) design, implementation and evaluation of new algorithms, machine learning models and other data-driven features and services.
- Design and implement components in a sustainable fashion (e.g. automating training of ML models; balance between complexity of models, computational costs, ease of use)
- Build, deploy, monitor and operate services within our infrastructure, while automating processes.
- Use technologies like Scala, Python, Kafka, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Hive, Spark and Hadoop
You're the right candidate if you come with...
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Very good software engineering skills and programming skills in Python or JVM based language (like Scala, Java, Clojure or Kotlin)
- Experience in developing and operating data-driven / ML-based services (throughout their lifecycle)
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge about machine learning and operating ML-based solutions
- Solid experience and enthusiasm to design scalable architectures (in particular in distributed systems)
- Good communication skills
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required)
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Good isn't enough? Tell us what we can change, we're willing to take risks.
- Flexible remote work from Spain.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas.
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Innovation weeks (Hackweeks)
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks.
- Spanish / English/ Portuguese / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays 26+4+2
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- A referral bonus for recommending talent to our company
- Bicycle park and package reception