Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With automatic and intelligent observability at scale, our all-in-one platform delivers precise answers about the performance and security of applications, the underlying infrastructure, and the experience of all users to enable organizations to innovate faster, collaborate more efficiently, and deliver more value with dramatically less effort. That’s why many of the world’s largest organizations trust Dynatrace®️ to modernize and automate cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivalled digital experiences. Dynatracers come from different countries and cultures all over the world, speaking various languages. English is the one that connects us (55+ nationalities).
Apache Kafka | Serverside High Performance Computing | Big Data | Distributed Systems
Apache Kafka is a critical component of the Dynatrace storage system and processes a massive amount of messages in short periods of time. Performance, reliability and security are key aspects to guarantee availability during high-load situations.
Your role of Kafka Expert and member of the core platform storage team includes:
- Setting up and deploying Kafka in cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Operating Kafka on scale (sizing, replication, availability zones)
- Defining Kafka security and encryption strategies
- Kafka monitoring and maintenance in production
- Guiding architectural decisions
Who We Are
Dynatrace is leader in software intelligence products, simplifying enterprise cloud complexity and accelerating digital transformation. We offer solutions such as Application performance management, Cloud infrastructure monitoring, AI-powered IT operations and Digital customer experience monitoring.
We were founded in Linz (Austria). Our product’s success allowed us to grow strongly. Currently we operate in over 30 countries and we have R&D labs in Linz, Klagenfurt, Graz, Hagenberg, Gdansk, Detroit, Barcelona and Tallinn.
- Technical study related to Software Engineering
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Kafka development and operations, including system architecture design
- Open to learn new technologies
- Proactive team player
- Several years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Kafka operated environments
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- You like to work on high scale systems
- You are a motivated problem solver
- You bring along a healthy dose of critical thinking
You will love working with us if:
- You enjoy digging in-depth into new technologies.
- You prefer an agile environment with flat hierarchies
- You like challenges and care for work assignments which are meaningful