Tech Lead - AI/ML Project - AI Startup (Hybrid, Stock Options) - Barcelona based
Aflorithmic Labs is a London - Barcelona based fast growing investor-backed AI and VoiceTech Startup with global ambition. Aflorithmic has been featured in international press like TechCrunch, Business Insider, 20min and more due to the top notch voice cloning and automated audio production capabilities.
We are looking for experienced Tech lead for a special project, focused on video generation and digital human synthetic media, used for conversational commerce endeavors.
We love for academics to join us, but are also open to considering people from the industry. We're a team of builders :) We're big believers in encouraging and supporting our team as they grow.
You will be joining a small but capable team that is growing quickly! We want to keep the emphasis on innovation and engineering throughout the project.
This is an exceptional opportunity for you to come on board and shape the future of our work.
In candidates, we look for excellent leading, troubleshooting and problem solving skills, a healthy “Can-do” attitude and an unwavering ability to embrace a positive culture of blameless post-mortems, admit mistakes and continuous improvement. We are looking for enthusiastic team players, we value great collaboration and communication skills. You will lead R&D team and will work closely with our product owner..
We believe everyone has ideas to contribute to our objective of continuous improvement, so you will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table, and also inspire others in the team to do the same. You can read more about our Ethics here (https://www.aflorithmic.ai/company#ethics).
- Experience in Python
- A strong interest in image/video industry (e.g. 3D, Deepfake, Natural Language Processing)
- Experience in Pytorch for ML
- Proven experience with ML, AI; examples could be projects at previous work, personal or uni
- Demonstrable experience leading a team / decision making
- Experience with AWS for development and app serving
- Experience with TensorFlow for ML
- Experience with Python (FastAPI) and NodeJS on the backend
- Experience with Svelte and React on the Frontend
- Experience in docker to containerize
- A public repository (github, bitbucket) where we can see some of your work
- Demonstrable publications
Your tasks & responsibilities will include:
- Use Machine Learning for synthetic media
- Lead r&d team, aligning with company endeavors and taking the right approaches
- Test, optimize and develop automatic data preparation approaches
- See customer use cases and train custom models
- Develop new state of the art models and put them into production
- Conduct systematic experiments to harden research methods for productization
- Work closely with engineers to implement and deliver the final product
- Present research findings
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an exceptional tech team with diverse and highly recognized backgrounds.
- Be part of a great story: we are making audio and video scalable for the first time in history.
- Publishing research progress/findings
- Great Learning & Development opportunities, such as our biweekly journal club - state-of-the-art papers or `Friday wins´, a proactive meeting to celebrate shipping of new software each week.
- Hybrid working.
- Flexible working hours.
- Stock Options (subject to performance and time served).
- The opportunity to shape an engineering culture in a company in the fast-growing audio/video space.
- A truly international and diverse team
- Offices in the hottest startup hubs London and Barcelona.